Friday, May 30, 2008

The Sky is Falling!

I was awoken today by phone calls making sure I wasn't involved in the crane collapse two blocks away from me. I live on 93rd st. between 1 & 2 Ave's, and the collapse was on 91st st. and 1 Ave. I was just in the Duane Reade at the foot of the accident two days ago, and the scaffolding was still up across the street. It has been there for months, causing pedestrians to walk through a walkway in the middle of the contstruction site. The street was closed due to the extent of the construction when I walked by.


Ashley heard the crash, but I was sleeping, which of course means I did not wake up, just like I have slept through so many earthquakes, etc.

So, just wanted to let you know I'm alive. The pictures below are ones I took from my roof this morning when we went up to check it out.

2 comments:

A view from the middle said...

as I said to Ash, scary stuff.
each time we walked by that site, Randy commented he had "never seen so many violations on a job site in his life" Ash always walks on the opposite side of the street- it's pretty crazy. take care, and take good care of that precious roommate!
xoxo

Ashley said...

To edit your story a little bit... you were actually woken by me waking you up to tell you that your parents had been calling you all morning ahhahaha