"Did you drop off the face of the earth?"
That was a text I got from a friend a few days ago. And the answer to that question was, "Yes. Yes I have."
I feel like I have been a walking zombie, in finals during college, something. I got a job at a trendy little restaurant in the meatpacking district called Vento (photo on left). It's owned by B.R. Guest, who run such other restaurants in the city as Ruby Foo's, Blue Fin, Blue Water Grill, etc. The training process is very intense, and I have been eating, sleeping, and pooping policy and procedure for the last week and a half. I took a 6 page written test a few days ago, and am now on the floor, making my own money instead of making money for other people.
I'm looking forward to getting back to a normal schedule where I can go into work, do my thing, make some dough, and be able to focus on other things outside of work besides how I am going to pay the rent. I am also looking forward to having more free time during the day to audition and focus on my acting career.
0 comments:
Post a Comment