Saturday, August 4, 2007

When the going gets tough


Day 2 and 3 of the apartment hunt has proved just as unsuccessful as Day 1. Despite my best efforts, I could not talk all of the roommates into the Central Park North neighborhood. After 2 more days of hunting (which proved highly wasteful and unsuccessful, not by my efforts to say the least), we decided to part ways, and now Ashley and I are looking for 2 bedrooms. And we are going to be looking in areas that are a bit more populated, which will probably mean less space. But here's our reasoning behind it: We figured 2 bedrooms will be significantly smaller than the 3 bedrooms in the city, so we may as well look in cool neighborhoods. We will also look in Morningside Heights area, but we are both relieved and excited for the possibilities ahead.

In other news, I have a job with Citigroup. The temp agency Ryan got me into found me a $24/hr job as an Executive Assistant for 3-6 attorneys in the legal department. The best part is I can't start for another week so they can set up a new employee account for me, which gives me another week to look for apartments. My goal is to have the keys to a place by the time I start next Monday. That gives me 8 days. I'd better get busy!

0 comments: