Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tomorrows Just As Bad As Todays

I am definitely feeling the dragging, suffocating, and frustrating rejection of the city right now. I spent the entire day networking and traveling from place to place, only to be stood up by multiple people while trying to view apartments. I didn't look at ONE place today. I feel as though I am becoming more drained and exhausted every day, and I don't know how much more I can deal with it.

Everyone keeps encouraging me that the next day is a new day, but everything is starting to blend together. All of the apartment listings I have seen look the same to me now, especially since we've started looking at listings with brokers. The policies and language barriers I have encountered when dealing with them seems to slow the process down even moreso than the fact that I'm searching for a 2 bedroom alone. So far I have deals with 4 or 5 brokers, and it is never as easy as meeting them at the apartment that I call about. They get me into their offices and make me fill out the same mundane application where they ask my budget, credit, requirements, and the addresses of all the units I have looked at thusfar (by now I don't even bother listing them...I can't even remember them all). Then they shmooze with me for 45 minutes only to tell me they don't have anything in my price range, and try to coerce me into looking at something out of my price range. I haven't even stopped to think about the fact that Ashley and I are each going to have to pay close to $2000 after they manage to find us a place.

I'm going to try it again...Tomorrow Is A New Day. Tomorrow Is A New Day. Tomorrow Is A New Day.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

How we gonna pay- How we gonna pay- How we gonna pay... WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY RENT!!! Haha jk. Remember - No day but today! Muah xoxo

Kim said...

sorry you're having such a rough time out there. just remember, you are strong and smart and talented, and it is my belief that everything happens for some reason or another...and that everything (especially housing) always seems to work out in the end.

i can't tell you how many times i've freaked out about not having a place to live, and just when it seems it can't get worse, something else happens. but then, magically, it all works out.

it always does.