Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cue & A: Elie Berkowitz


Elie Berkowitz is currently the merchandise manager for the national tour of Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story Live On Stage, now at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles.

Full given name: Elisha Daniel Berkowitz
Hometown: San Jose, CA
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Special skills: being awesome
First Broadway show ever saw: The Producers
If you could go back in time and catch any Broadway show, what would it be?: the original West Side Story or Sweeney Todd
Current show you have been recommending to friends: August: Osage County for the .001 percent of people that have yet to see it
Actor whose career you admire the most: Victor Garber- equally adept at drama, comedy, straight and musical acting
Favorite show tune: changes regularly, currently She Cries- Songs for a New World

I love to hate: Why can't we all love each other?
I hate to love: I don't get it.
MAC or PC?: Mac through and through
Most played song on your iPod: Marc Broussard- Hope for Me Yet
Last book you read: A Year of Living Biblically- AJ Jacobs
Must-see TV show: currently The West Wing, I'm deep into season three and haven't come up for air yet
Last good movie you saw: State of Play
Favorite board game: Mousetrap
Performer you would drop everything to go see: Jason Mraz
Pop culture guilty pleasure: E True Hollywood Story (lame, I know)

First stage kiss: The Music Man, age 7
Favorite pre-show meal: an apple and coffee
Favorite post-show meal: egg salad on whole wheat, chocolate milk
Worst onstage mishap: fire alarm went off mid-scene, left onstage alone and "asleep" for 2+ minutes because of someone's missed cue, missed a show entirely while out with friends... so many!
Worst costume ever: any time (of the many times) I've had to wear tights
Cats or dogs?: Dogs, no question
Favorite cereal: Life
Who would play you in the movie?: TR Knight
Gig you’ve enjoyed the most: 365 Days/365 Plays
Your favorite thing about New York: anything you want, any time
Leading role you've been dying to play: George, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

0 comments: